Monday, November 26, 2007

Birthday & Thanksgiving


This year Matt's birthday came the day before the Thanksgiving and thankfully he was home for both! We celebrated Matt's birthday by eating at the food court in the mall. I know. You're thinking, "Wow, I can't believe Minot has a mall, and a food court on top of it all. I sure wish I lived there!" It's probably a testament to my cooking abilities, but I offered to fix him anything he wanted for dinner that night, lol, and he picked Taco John's (which is one step above Taco Bell, he claims). There are actually a couple of free standing Taco John's restaurants in town, but we needed to run in Target (which is at the mall - I know, how lucky are we?!), and well, we're ridiculously practical, so the food court it was. We did buy an ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery (in the mall again!) so as you can see, no expense was spared for this occasion! Our next door neighbors came over for cake, and we enjoyed getting to know each other a little more.

Henry has discovered his toes and boy oh boy is that exciting for him. This picture was taken Thanksgiving morning - he was really happy to have both his parents home for the holiday. Matt put up our Christmas tree while we chatted with Grandpa and Grandma Rudy, Aunt Liz, Uncle Brent, and Uncle Brent's dad over video on Skype - yay for technology! It was great to watch them fix all the food and then eat it :-) It felt like we were almost there - if only we could have passed the food through the computer!

In the evening, we ate Thanksgiving dinner at our neighbors' house with the rest of Matt's training class. I'm hoping to get pictures from them which I'll post later. One of Matt's classmates has a three month old daughter, and Henry loved smiling at her. Henry had taken the best nap of his life before we had gone over, so he was great the entire time. He loved the attention from everyone, which was a huge surprise. Matt headed back out on alert the next morning, along with my other neighbor's husband (who had also invited us over for Thanksgiving). I gladly helped her finish her leftovers all weekend :-)

1 comment:

Brent and Liz said...

Henry is quite the gymnast in training - being all flexible! Loving the new post =) Brent always chooses to go out to eat for his b-day, too! I guess it's not in our future for the Food Network to stop by and ask us to cook up something special! Ah well. That's wonderful Henry loved the attention from other people. Perhaps he's out of his shy stage already. He sure won't need a parka here for Xmas.. it was 70 degrees yesterday!