I turned on the national news last night and to my surprise, here is what the last story was:
No Love For NoDak
Makes you wanna pick up and move to North Dakota doesn't it?! I think I hear those U-Haul engines starting!!! Riiight... For the record, it was -11 without the windchill here in Minot yesterday (-34 with the wind). Fargo had nothing on us!
1 week ago

2 comments:
Wow, I'm surprised I didn't hear about the big brouhaha! I mean, this did not make the pages of the Washington Times, and I for one am stunned! : ) I can say that I would much rather live in a state like North Dakota than a snooty place like New York City or Los Angelos, LOL. I'm not big into crowds, and I've always liked the idea of N. Dakota for that very reason! Of course, I've never actually visited there . . . Unfortunately, Bob doesn't do well with cold weather, so even though I'm sure we could live comfortably on his retirement pay there, we've had to cross N. Dakota off the list, LOL.
Yeah, someone pointed out last night how she likes ND because it is quiet, and she's right. We love the pace of life here, the open space, and the small-town feel. However, the unbelievable cold, the isolation from great stores and restaurants, and Matt's frustrating job is no fun! It's definitely an interesting place to live - I'm glad we have the chance to experience it.
Post a Comment