Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sad Pug

This is Bailey waiting for his favorite person to come home. He always gets a toy out of his box when Matt leaves for work. He loves having his bed right in front of the giant window so he can keep tabs on the neighborhood. There are lots of black squirrels here which I've never seen before. Thankfully, the 6 months in our California townhouse seems to have cured his hatred of squirrels. He's really mellowed this past year. I don't know if it's the arrival of Henry or that he's getting older, but it sure is nice. He rings his bell maybe once during to day to go outside (Matt lets him out when he gets up). The weather has been nice this week (60's but windy) so I've been taking him and Henry on walks with my neighbor and her dog. Our neighborhood is SO huge. I get lost every time! Thankfully my neighbor has a good sense of direction!

Tonight, Matt and I were watching tv, and suddenly he says, "I think I hear Bailey in the front yard." We both considered going to look out the window, but figured it was impossible for him to escape the backyard. A second later, our next door neighbors knock on the door and who's standing there with them? You guessed it. Our house does not have a back door that leads directly outside. We have to open the kitchen door to the garage and then the back door to the backyard. Which is better than the other house layout where there is no door from the house to the garage (who designed these places anyway?!). Apparently, the back door had blown open into the garage and we hadn't closed the big garage door yet, so he had just run off into another neighbor's yard. Fortunately our next door neighbors were pulling into their driveway and saw Bailey over there because he didn't have his tags on. Not good! There's no Petsmart or anything in town so we haven't printed new tags for him yet. I've heard Walmart has an engraving machine, so it looks like that will be first on the list the next time we go into Minot!

No comments: